Tuesday, April 1, 2008

White Ghost Diet

So I'm watching myself on TV, and I'm thinking, "How in the heck did I get so fat?!" I look like a human a balloon! I'm swollen!

And then it dawned on me: over the past 2 1/2 years, since my wife and I conceived our first child, I've been on a food binge freefall. The old Me went to the gym three times a week. He biked 10 or more miles each day three or four times, weekly. The old Me ate healthy foods and rejected high-carb, refined sugar-loaded foods.

In a nutshell, the old Me was lean and healthy.

The current Me has gained fifty pounds and has the activity level of a garden slug. Time to get back on board the health train, I thought, as I watched a very bloated Me on replay.

So here's the White Ghost Diet Plan:

1. Hit the gym 3X each week, working out with weights for 30 min.
2. Biking 5-10 miles 3X each week.
3. Walk as much as possible, especially since the weather's turning to spring.
4. Follow Xiao's Cantonese nutrition plan: slow-cooked rice with each meal, with steamed vegetables and lean meats.
5. No eating after 7:00 p.m.

My goal is to lose 30 pounds in sixty days. I will be blogging my progress and taking pictures along the way. Right now, I wouldn't go out in public without my shirt on. By May, I plan on being ready for the pool.

To make the nutrition side easy to follow, I bought an electric rice steamer (which also doubles as a vegetable/meat steamer), frozen chicken breasts and tilapia filets, and a dozen bags of frozen vegetables.

Look for weekly updates as I transform my flabby shape. If you want to follow my plan and see how it works for you, subscribe to the RSS feed for this blog. The more, the merrier.

No comments: