Monday, April 7, 2008

Fat Ghost, Thin Ghost

Results of Week 1 of the White Ghost Diet:

I've been eating steamed rice and light proteins for every meal, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything...no Big Mac attacks, no Crave Cases dancing through my head-- I've never been a big fast food guy.

I tried out the bike path that snakes around the perimeter of my subdivision, and got in a 45 min. ride Saturday. I was winded after the first two miles, but I pulled off 8 miles and felt great after. No soreness. Guess my legs remember when I used to put in 20-30 mile rides just over two years ago.

On Sunday, I goaded my wife into riding with me. Got the kid cart attached to my bike, and then lubed and aired up my wife's bicycle. We rode for forty minutes, and Nora complained the entire time, but she was glad to get back in the saddle. The little guy howled when I would stop, but as long as we were moving, he just looked at his board books and played with his Mozart cube. The toy makes electronic sounds, jingles of famous classical music. Some little kids playing in the street heard me ride by, Beethoven's Fifth blasting out, and they thought the ice cream man was coming.

MMmmm. Ice cream. Or, maybe sorbet is a better choice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would love to hear about your actual meals. I am putting my husband on this diet as well. I love every inch of him, but a few inches less would not be a bad thing, either. Thanks!

Mr. Kuhn said...

Here's a typical meal plan:

Breakfast: steamed white rice, one fried egg (in olive oil), banana, coffee

Lunch: steamed white rice, canned red beans, tilapia, apple, diet soda

Dinner: steamed white rice, poached chicken, romaine lettuce salad with basalmic vinaigrette