Friday, June 6, 2008

Obama and China

OBAMA on FRONT cover of Chinese Newspapers

Yesterday as I looked at my colleagues' Chinese written newspapers. I said "looked" not "read" as it is all in Chinese and I am still learning the language, not memorizing how to read the thousands of characters. I was amazed to see Obama's large photo on the front page of most of the papers. The second and third pages of the papers analyzed McCain vs. Obama, according to my friends who translated the sections for me.

I was amazed by the details that they provided the reader for both of the candidates. It appears the papers are biased towards Obama as they see McCain just as another Republican that will follow Bush and promote war.

In the next month I will survey the Chinese; I'll ask who they would like to see as president, Obama or McCain. I will give them time to read more about the candidates, so this should take another week before I conduct another poll.

I believe the poll will be 90% to 99% Chinese people in favor of Obama as they see him as a better leader. His youth appeals to the Chinese as well. These are words I am hearing from people interested in the U.S. presidential race.

No comments: